My first biped

Biped Robots

My first biped

Postby Zenta » Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 am

Hi,

I'm not going to spend much time writing on my first post here. Since I've already spent an hour of trying to make a "workshop video" :lol: My first take was just to long. But this one is about 10:23. At the end I'm demonstrating my work on my very first SES based biped. I'm using a new Atom Pro board from Basic Micro called ARC-32, you can find more information about it here.

Video, take 1:

Some pictures of the biped, codename "ICS" (Internal Cog Shifter). It doesn't look very good or impressive at the moment. Simply because I want the kinematics and walking to work before I start on the design.

The ARC-32 board are mounted on a slider. The main idea was to make it easier to shift the COG from one side to another without needing to translate the body to much. A closer picture of the slider part:

I'll update this thread when I've done some more progress.

-Zenta
Zenta

Re: My first biped

Postby d00kIe » Wed May 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Cool! Amazing workshop! Amazing robots! And the new biped is looking good. Its moves are very natural- can`t wait to see it walk. :)
d00kIe

Postby Matt Denton » Thu May 27, 2010 11:32 am

That ARC 32 looks pretty impressive!

although their claims of needing 32 bit math and IK only being possible on PC's up until now are pretty ridiculous, my first IK engine ran on an 8 bit pic! Still, I would like to have a play with one at some point :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby OlexandrKazimirov » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 am

I'm from Ukraine. Do you can to say me how I can do the robot, and where I can find repair parts. :oops: Thanks. :D :D :D
OlexandrKazimirov

Postby ankacitah » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Nice. Good luck for future projects.
ankacitah

Return to Bipeds