IRON VULTURE Biped Scout

Biped Robots

IRON VULTURE Biped Scout

Postby innerbreed » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:43 pm

IRON VULTURE

After a few nights of working my way though code and researching ways of motion for the scout, i have almost got it up and running. (its standing and couching at the moment). still a way to go but for now here are some pictures of it sitting under its own weight.

Hardware setup: ABB2 with ATOM 28 Pro, SSC32 V2, PS2 remote

It currently runs on
12x HS-645MG servos for the legs,
1x HS-475HB servo for the tilt,
1x HS-225BB mini servo for pan.

Weight is: 3lb 4oz

here i have added some rubber caps that stops it slipping and has also made it more steady when moving.

As well a the stack i have also added a conventional 9v battery holder to power the boards.
im using 6v 1600mA NiMH for the servo power

Currently waiting for some wire ties and some more wire sleeving.

Once i have completed set up and happy with it i will work on getting it to walk under more complex code with realtime control via PS2 J/Sticks, but at the moment im using simple servo commands to move it.
innerbreed

Re: IRON VULTURE Biped Scout

Postby Matt Denton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Looks great! look forward to seeing a video :)

Did you need to dismantle some of your other bots, or have you got an endless supply of brackets :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby innerbreed » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 pm

hi matt. no i brought this as a kit as i liked the black look. i sold my other brushed brackets to by your MSR-H01. which unfortunately is sitting without any femur or tibia servos looking sorry. i was thinking about selling it to upgrade some of the bits for this project but i like the hex so once i get more servos ill build it back up.. :shock:

im experimenting with different robot application at the moment so i can get more experience in programming.
glad you like the Iron Vulture... not sure why i called it that. :roll: it has no wings, nor is it made of iron... :?
innerbreed

Postby innerbreed » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Iv been thinking about redesigning the knee section for something that will, Take the weight down, be more forgiving on the servos, and make writing code easier.

here is an idea i have in mind:

im still trying to keep the bent knee effect as its... Well... its cool. 8)
the only problem im thinking with this design is that the body cannot rest on the feet if power out.?

Also to take the weight down i have removed the HS-475HB servo and put another HS-225BB mini servo in its place. i have used smaller hex standoffs but iv had to add some washers to make up the extra space.
innerbreed

Return to Bipeds