SES Brackets

General robot discussions

SES Brackets

Postby wattsie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Having recently recieved some SES brackets.... (Thanks Plingboot), I have decided to bite the bullet and get some more to allow a little more freedom in my designs.

Sadly, due to the wonders of the exchange rates, a simple pair of brackets that cost $12 in the states also seem to cost £12 over here, which by my very rough maths is quite a rise as they should only be £7.30! (I know that there are loads of other factors, before anyone points that out, but Im just making a point!)

Has anyone had any dealings with buying direct from Lynxmotion un the US? I know Ive got the possibility of import duty etc etc, but considering Im looking to buy £150+ worth of brackets, I feel that it at least warrants a bit of research, as I could save enough for some more bits! I know that by the time import duties come around I could be paying well over the UK price! Hence looking for any experiance!

Any advice, ideas or comments are more than welcome!

Wattsie
wattsie

Re: SES Brackets

Postby wattsie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Came to a happy medium today and bought a Lynxmotion Biped Scout from active robots.... all in all got 90% of the SES brackets I wanted, all the fixings, a few bits I dont need and the eventual possibility to build a biped... and all for £100. Saving close to 40% on the brackets alone, so nearly hitting the correct exchange rate!

Anyone had any attempts at making their own brackets?? Ive had a few goes this week, but to turn out suitable numbers (20+ of the same brackets) its a very long process with hand tools!

wattsie
wattsie

Return to Other