ESD200 Bluetooth module for use with SMB

p.Brain Standard Mother Board

Re: ESD200 Bluetooth module for use with SMB

Postby paulp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:03 pm

The only prob you may encounter is with data error rates at very high baudrates on this port. Matt did have a table of the errors but i cant put my hand on it at the moment..

Its to do with the PIC rates which are more accurate with lower baudrates...

Anywhoo the upshot is lower baudrates are more reliable and as its a Packet stream with simple commands there shouldnt be a lot to send anyway
paulp

Postby jaspinall » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm gonna wire the module up to the SMB now...just as soon as I've located my spool of vero wire (bestest invention, ever!)

I'll report back my findings :)
Jason Aspinall
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer & Freelance Photographer
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ASKING FOR DESIGN FILES
THEY ARE EXCLUSIVE TO ME AND ARE NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION OR FOR SALE
jaspinall

Postby Matt Denton » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:42 pm

paulp wrote:The only prob you may encounter is with data error rates at very high baudrates on this port. Matt did have a table of the errors but i cant put my hand on it at the moment..

Its to do with the PIC rates which are more accurate with lower baudrates...

Anywhoo the upshot is lower baudrates are more reliable and as its a Packet stream with simple commands there shouldnt be a lot to send anyway

I don't think I have had any dropped packets due to baud errors.. but if you are experiencing problems, the baud rate with the biggest error is 115200, the rest are pretty good.
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby JamesD » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Matt Denton wrote:Hi, If you plan on using the ESD200 bluetooth module with your p.Brain-SMB you will require the following part:

SENA ESD200 with chip antenna

The cheapest I have found in the in the UK @ £35.25 Inc VAT is here:
http://www.adaptivemodules.co.uk/index.cfm/fa/shopdetails/Product_ID/43/Category_ID/13/Sub_Category_ID/30

Unfortunately the standard website delivery charge is £11, however I have spoken to Toni at Adaptive Modules and she tells me if you contact her directly they can offer recorded delivery for £7.50.
toni@adaptivemodules.com

Adaptive Modules are currently selling the part for £35.00 ex VAT, i.e. £48.62 including shipping.

I've been able to order the same part here http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/product ... cts_id=263 for £38.30 including VAT and shipping. It will aparrently be delivered in the next 2-3 working days :P
JamesD

Postby codemonkey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 am

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2518193

Apologies for the newbie questions but does anyone know where the equivalent SIP 4x1 headers could be obtained in the US ? Trawled around the US based sites however i must be using the wrong terminology.
Also do these need to be soldered into place on the SMB ?

Thanks in advance.
codemonkey

Postby Matt Denton » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am

Hi,

You must have a version 1 SMB carrier, as the later version had the connectors already fitted tot he board, did you buy it recently?

You will need to solder them in place. PM me your address, I will stick some in the post to you.. after all, it is Xmas :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby codemonkey » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 am

will do thanks very much.
although with my soldering skills i'll probably be buying a newer version on the board soon !
codemonkey

Previous

Return to p.Brain-SMB