Need some help building a hexapod

Hexapod Robots

Re: Need some help building a hexapod

Postby Lazer155 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Paper clip! :lol: That's a good idea. I'll try that.
Lazer155

Postby Lazer155 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 am

The paperclip worked and I mapped all the wires in the connector. I am having trouble getting the battery conneting wires to screw into the power ports of the hexengine. Can I cut some of the strands inside of the wire to get the wire to fit into the power port?
Lazer155

Postby Lazer155 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:26 am

I tried adjusting the comport number in the terraterm software and got the comport number changed from 4 to maxcomport=16 but terraterm still doesnt show the other com ports. It only shows comports 1-4
Lazer155

Postby Lazer155 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:49 pm

I got the hexapod walking!! :D I also got the PS2 remote working. The hexapod is alot slower than I thought it would be. In the videos I've seen it looks like they move pretty fast but mine seems slow. I still have to work on calibrating the legs so more. The weight is not being completely evenly distrubuted. Also is there a way to get the legs to move higher when it walks? Right now the legs cant even walk over a carpet because they dont lift high enough off the ground.
Lazer155

Postby Lazer155 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:59 am

When I change the normal walking leg lift height does that also change the leg lift height of the tripod gait?
Lazer155

Postby Matt Denton » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 am

yes, LLH effects the leg lift height of all gaits in on road mode, LLO effects the leg lift height of all gaits in off road mode. :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby Lazer155 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I got the LLH adjusted and now it works alot better. I set it to 27mm. The feet don't drag on carpet any more. What's a good setting for MFS? Right now I have it set to 50. I'm not sure but I think the MFS setting of 50 maybe too large. Sometimes, when the hexapod is in the tripod gait the servos will suddenly collapse and the red light on the hexengine starts flashing, the green light also shuts off at the same time. Once the red light starts flashing the hexapod won't respond until I turn it off and on again. Does that indicate an error in the kinematics maybe because of the MFS setting?
Lazer155

Postby Matt Denton » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm

The red light flashing is usually an internal error, such as the servos moving beyond their current range PWM setting. When this happens the servos are automatically shut dwon to prevent damage.

The default setting for MFS should suffice for the MSR-H01 setup, but I would set this using the LZR Land Zone Radius value, whihc will set MSF, MSS and MTS for you. An MFS of 50 is pretty high!
Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby Lazer155 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 am

If it's dangerous for the servos to be at MFS 50 then I will lower the value back to 10, the default. I dont understand what the LZR setting does. I know that the foot is the center of the circle. Do I understand this right, if I change the LZR valu to say 30 will the leg move a radius of 30mm? Does the LZR setting also adjust LLH? Right now I have the LLH set to 27. Is that value acceptable?
Lazer155

Postby Matt Denton » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:31 am

Setting LZR to 30 will allow the leg to move up to 30mm radius from the neutral home position, and will set MFS to 30, MSS to 30 and calculate the MTA (Maximum Turn Angle).

LZR does not effect the LLH.
Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hexapods