MSR-H01 hexapod robot in the snow

Hexapod Robots

MSR-H01 hexapod robot in the snow

Postby innerbreed » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Using BotBoardII with BasicAtom Pro28, and SSC-32
running xans v.02 code.
link to code:
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/files/phoen20.zip (Note: Requires IDE v8.0.1.8 or BASIC Micro Studio)
link to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgktlqBxff8
innerbreed

Re: MSR-H01 hexapod robot in the snow

Postby Lazer155 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

That's very nice. How did you get it to lift itself all the way up at 2:08 Are you able to do that because you are using the Botboard instead of the standard hexengine board?
Lazer155

Postby Matt Denton » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Very nice :) the first MSR-H01 in the snow :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby innerbreed » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:10 am

the hex will lift higher than that. it will lift up to a total of 7.5 inch of ground clearance. it can walk at this height but looks funny.
the resolution is very precise with Xans code. i wouldn't say this is pos just by using the botboard. its the ATOM chip that does the magic.

im sure matts code can allow for this. incrementation of the value that allows for lifting would work.

thanks.
innerbreed

Postby Matt Denton » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Matt Denton wrote:im sure matts code can allow for this. incrementation of the value that allows for lifting would work.

That would be MZT Maximum Z Translate, and PWM, servo range setting :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby Lazer155 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:08 pm

innerbreed wrote:the hex will lift higher than that. it will lift up to a total of 7.5 inch of ground clearance. it can walk at this height but looks funny.
the resolution is very precise with Xans code. i wouldn't say this is pos just by using the botboard. its the ATOM chip that does the magic.

im sure matts code can allow for this. incrementation of the value that allows for lifting would work.

thanks.

So if I want that kind of mobility, I need the botboard because of the atom processor? I know I can increase the leg hight but I don't know how I can program the hexapod to lift or drop like innerbreed did in the video at 2:08
Lazer155

Postby innerbreed » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:55 pm

not necessarily no. you can tweak your current code but best talk to matt about this. please feel free to post your questions to him here. saves you opening a new post. we are on this conversation anyway. ;)

i will look though the code after Xmas and see what i can find. somehow i feel matt will beat me to it. going for a few drinks tonight.

merry Christmas guys.
innerbreed

Postby Lazer155 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:28 pm

innerbreed wrote:not necessarily no. you can tweak your current code but best talk to matt about this. please feel free to post your questions to him here. saves you opening a new post. we are on this conversation anyway. ;)

i will look though the code after Xmas and see what i can find. somehow i feel matt will beat me to it. going for a few drinks tonight.

merry Christmas guys.

Merry Chistmas to you too. :)

I think I will wait for matt or you to adjust the code before I try. I don't understand how the code works yet and don't want to mess it up.
Lazer155

Postby innerbreed » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:01 am

Can you PM a copy to me of the code you are using then once i get time to look over it i will try and adjust it. :?
innerbreed

Postby Lazer155 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I can send it to you but I don't know how to get the code off the hexengine? That's the code I am using. It's the 1.2 version code.
Lazer155

Next

Return to Hexapods