MK-uBug

Hexapod Robots

MK-uBug

Postby marcel.kanter » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello,

Matt asked me to open an new thread for my design of a µBug. So here it is.
Planned Festures for the robot:
* uses 20 HS-65HB, fully I2C controlled, with positional and/or current based controller
- controller is an stand-alone project, the software for it is at 70% and already has a special pid form implemented, avoiding some problems that occour with the "classic" implementation.
- a current based control loop is planned for ground sensing without additional foot sensors
- some more features ...
* pan/tilt head for sensors

I needed to change some things, so the parts go into prodution maybe next week.

In the next revision i'll may at some sensors for enviromental awareness and an contactless base station for charging.

Ok, that's so far,
Marcel
marcel.kanter

Re: MK-uBug

Postby marcel.kanter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I've made an prototype cut of the caput temporal - caput rostral joint for my pan/tilt head. First tests in CAD sw shows that the head can be +50° ... -90° (parallel to thorax ventral plate) tilt and +/-45° pan. There is some savety margin in the upward tilt (max it would be about 55°) and panning. When panning is made with respect to the front legs it may can pan about 100°.
this prototype was made to show if the idea works and has not the final shape and finish. this idea does not need an hold-plate and hex-stand-offs. Although this first shot of the idea is robust, it may can carry more weight when finished.
so here is it:
marcel.kanter

Re: MK-uBug

Postby marcel.kanter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:48 pm

i got all the mechanical parts for my bot today :) unfortunatly the electronics and software stuff is not as far as it should be. :( so here it is...

i've only mounted 3 legs and the pan/tilt part of the head since i will have to disassemble it and solder the servo-electronics into the servos, add the cables and the main board (which only exsist on paper right now :( )
marcel.kanter

Return to Hexapods