Birth Announcement

Hexapod Robots

Birth Announcement

Postby john-harper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:11 am

On 13th March, a new H01. Everything went together very easily, despite a serious attempt at destruction on my part. The mechanical assembly took about 3 hours, the wiring another 3, including several different arrangements of the wires and cable ties to try and keep things tidy. There was a bad moment when I connected things up and absolutely nothing worked, which finally turned out to be because I had put the CPU card in backwards - kudos to Matt for arranging for this not to be a catastrophic event. Then I had to armwrestle my USB-serial adapter for a while (still can't get it to work with Windows 7), and within an hour or so everything was working.

Not sure what the next steps were - though I have lots of ideas - but anyway thanks to Matt for designing and producing something that goes together so simply and is such a pleasure to work with.

John
john-harper

Re: Birth Announcement

Postby Matt Denton » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:20 am

Welcome to the owners club John! :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Re: Birth Announcement

Postby john-harper » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 am

I took him along to the Home Brew Robotics Club (http://www.hbrobotics.org - the Silicon Valley robotics hobbyist club) tonight and showed off some of the basic stuff he can do. He generated a lot of interest and I promised to take him back later as he learns new tricks.

John
john-harper

Return to Hexapods