Hexapod Robot CNC router

Robot Projects

Re: Hexapod Robot CNC router

Postby brynnax » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 am

What type of wireless router do I need to hook my wii up to the internet if I dont have a computer? I plan on getting comcast high speed internet and wireless router so I can hook my wii up to internet. The only thing is I dont have computer and it seems like you need a computer to set up the wireless routers but in the nintendo manual it says I just need broadband internet connection and wireless router im so confused. Whats a good wireless router to get for the wii console in my situation?
Last edited by brynnax on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
brynnax

Postby badger1666 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm

think you should try a wii forum and not a robotics one ;)
badger1666

Postby Matt Denton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:57 pm

yeah, I think your thinking of a different kind of router :)
Matt Denton
AKA: Winchy_Matt

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby plingboot » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:48 am

i think i have the opposite of this problem.

my internet connection was working fine with my wii, but the bit of acrylic i propped up in front of the little green light on the front refused to cut itself into something useful.
Sheriff of Nothing
plingboot

Postby Matt Denton » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 am

touché.. :D
Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby PythonBoot » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:01 am

Hello,

i stumbled upon the hexapod CNC robot from a different field of interest (no, i don't own a wii). I am interested in manufacturing models and want to build my own CNC machine. Your robot's advantage is that you are not restricted to the size of the table like a conventional CNC machine. Also by the sideways and forward/backwards tilting the robot is capable of you have two more axles or dimensions over a normal XYZ axis system, which allows more complex work.

Still i have some questions i hope you are willing to help me out on:

1. The only thing i read about the hexapod's accuracy is that it isn't very accurate which is not a very accurate statement in itself. How accurate is it? I saw some results of modellers using a (semi-)professional ( meaning Eur 6000 costing, way out of my budget) conventional CNC router well capable of 0.1mm precision.
2. What kind of accuracy (estimated) would be achieved using laser guidance/positioning?
3. What are the dimensions of the robot?
4. What are the estimated costs?

Thanks
PythonBoot

Postby Matt Denton » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 am

Hi,

I have to say in its current form it really isn't of much use as a practical machine, it simply isn't strong/heavy/big enough to do any really hard work. Also the resolution is pretty poor, aprox. 7bit in 70mm square area.

You have to ask why you would want to take this approach for XYZ CNC milling, why use 18 motors to do the job of 3. I did this for fun, I realize there may be some circumstances where this could be of use, but to get a really goo accurate system, you would need a big unit, and I think it would cost more than most good CNC machines. :)
Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

Postby blegas78 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:36 pm

I can't imagine machining anything harder than plastic or wood using the hexapod. Maybe a hexapod could be made out of solid cast iron? :roll:
blegas78

Postby zaneeta » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:08 am

How do you put youtube videos onto windows movie maker? Help! I want to make youtube videos with youtube videos! But i have no clue how to get the videos off of youtube and onto my windows movie maker. Can anyone help me?
Last edited by zaneeta on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaneeta

Postby Matt Denton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:23 pm

zaneeta wrote:How do you put youtube videos onto windows movie maker? Help! I want to make youtube videos with youtube videos! But i have no clue how to get the videos off of youtube and onto my windows movie maker. Can anyone help me?

I would say your in the wrong forum..
Matt Denton

micromagic systems ltd
Matt Denton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Projects